My Review of The It Girl by Ruth Ware

Title: The It Girl

Author: Ruth Ware 

Published: July 12, 2022

Published by: Gallery Books 

Genre: Mystery, Thriller 

Pages: 432pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review:

Ok, So I love Ruth Ware's works. That is not a secret. But this one may be her best yet! 
Hannah is a pregnant woman who had to endure a traumatic tragic event. In college, her roommate, April, was murdered, and Hannah's testimony was one of the main things that sent April's killer to prison. Recently April's Killer, John Neville, died in prison still professing profusely his innocence. Then at work, Hannah received a visitor at her work, a reporter that wanted to talk about the case with her. Now, Hannah has received an abundance of requests to speak about the case before and she always ignored them or refused them this one was different because he was friends with one of her friends from college days so she decides to hear him out. When she does some of the facts of the case that she did not know were told to her, and then she starts to question everything. When she does this the guilt starts hitting her what if she condemned an innocent man to live out his last days and die in prison. She starts doubting herself and with that she starts looking into what happened back then and then she starts asking her friends. This leads her into a rabbit hole, putting stress on her pregnancy and marriage. 
Now, this book started off AMAZING, and then somewhere in the middle while Ruth Ware was building up the book started getting sluggish. HOWEVER, DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS BOOK!! The last 1/3 of the book is mind-blowing and amazing! Like I swear I was on the edge of my seat and second-guessing myself right along with Hannah! Like there is one character that you are rooting for and wishing that he would get his happily ever after and then BAM you are like wait did I really wish that?!?! The ending blind-sighted me completely! You will never guess who did it, I know I never suspected it, and then it was like "Oh My God!!". I would definitely recommend this book completely! 
I would love to express my extreme gratitude to Netgalley and Gallery Books for the extraordinary opportunity to read and review this book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin