My Review of The Hawthorne School by Sylvie Perry

Title: The Hawthorne School 
Author: Sylvie Perry 
Expected Publication: December 7, 2021 
Publisher: Dreamscape Media/ Crookedlane Books
Genre: Mystery/Thriller 
Pages: 304 pages 
Rating: 4⭐
Review: 
OMG! I did not know what I was getting into when I requested this book! But, Man oh Man did it deliver! This is a slow-burn thriller and it's definitely worth the hype!
Claudia is a normal single mom, she works as a massage therapist and she has a very hyperactive 4-year-old. Henry is having some hyperactive issues at his preschool, and Claudia is having a hard time handling him and while she is doing her best she feels like she is failing. While talking to her friend who lives at her apartment complex she recommends The Hawthorne School to her, and Claudia decides to check it out. While going on the tour Claudia loves it and loves the teaching methods but she is barely making ends meet now. She expresses these concerns to the woman giving the tour and basically, she ends up volunteering at the school two days a week to help cover the cost of the tuition for Henry.
At first, Claudia is convinced she made the best choice for her son. Then somethings she starts noticing especially how all the food the kids eat is grown on the school grounds. The tea the teachers and headmaster offer her is grown from the school and things get weirder from there!
I could not stop the audiobook towards the end because I had to know what happened! The whole cult build-up was great! I was hooked and the ending was good too!
I listened to the audiobook and I loved it! The narrator spoke clearly and her voice fits well with the story! I definitely recommend this book whether you listen to the audiobook or read the book this is worth the read! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin