My Review of Sex Cult Nun by Faith Jones

Title: Sex Cult Nun 

Author: Faith Jones 

Published: November 30, 2021 

Published by: William Morrow Books 

Genre: True Crime/Memior 

Pages: 400 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review: 

I'm giving this book 5 stars. The reason for the five stars is the rawness and the transparency of this author that she went into the details that she knew would bother a lot of people, she went to the deepest and darkest times in her life and she put them on blast. She blasted her truth from the rooftops for not only herself but for everyone that is not able to share their truth.  This book has an abundance of disturbing and disgusting content and a lot of underage sexual abuse and rape. That is the part that is hard to read about, but her courage to share it and write it is very eye-opening. I did not agree with he whole sharing and polygamy but with each their own. I know I would not want to share my spouse with another person. The whole child abuse and sexual abuse I hated and that is soo hard to read about. Towards the end when she left the family I was rooting for her, she deserved so much better and she went out and while she was still living with the trauma she is able to work towards a law degree and go and get what she wanted from life. Also, her college boyfriend was an absolute tool! Faith is my favorite character. I also loved the family members and the grandmother that was not in the cult because they knew, and when she left they helped her in the ways that they could. I hated the dad and even the mother for going along with everything and I hated the mother for the whole "magic trick" deal that is just plain wrong and disgusting. I am glad that this book was chosen for my bookclub because I probably would not have picked it up otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields