My Review of The Children on The Hill by Jennifer McMahon

Title: The Children On The Hill 
Author: Jennifer McMahon 
Expected Publication: April 26, 2022 
Publisher: Gallery/Scout Press 
Genre: Mystery/Thriller/ Horror 
Pages: 352 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
OMG! This is epic! I loved it!  
Soo Jennifer McMahon is becoming a favorite author! Her methods of spooky, scary, and creepy have me hooked from beginning to the end! Everything that I have read by her I have loved!
This is one of those Netgalleys when I requested I felt like I had won the lottery when I was approved!
I loved how we were given the perspectives of two different times from Vi or Violet's perspective in 1978 and then Lizzy Shelly in 2019. Vi lives with her grandmother and her brother in the country next to the inn. The inn is basically an asylum, and Vi's grandmother, Gran, is one of the psychologists that work at the Inn. As far as Vi and Eric remember it's always been them and Gran after their parent's wreck that killed both of them.  While Vi remembers being in the hospital for a while she sometimes remembers little snippets about the car crash. Then one day Gran brings home Iris, and while Iris is a bit strange she is around the same age as Vi. They soon become fast sisters and start working on a monster-hunting book together with Eric.
In 2019 Lizzy Shelly is a well-known monster hunter, she has her own podcast about hunting monsters as well as she was on a tv show about hunting the monsters. After reviewing some of her forums and checking out some news she starts to head to Vermont, her home state in search of a monster that has evaded her time and time again except this time she is determined to stop this monster and save the girl that has gone missing after the monster sighting will she be too late?
Now with Vi, things start to take a more sinister turn when she starts digging around Gran's offices and the Inn trying to help Iris find out who she was and where she came from. Although once she starts digging she starts to uncover things that are much more sinister in nature and she knows she has to find a way to stop Gran!
Omg, this one was sooo good! Sitting on the edge of my seat the last half, I had to know what happened! I also loved that between the chapters there are little journal articles along with chapters from the monster book the kids were writing. If you love chilling sinister mysteries with a twist of shock then this should be your next read! Thank you Netgalley and Gallery Books for the opportunity to read and review this one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin