My Review of Whisper Island by Carissa Ann Lynch

Title: Whisper Island 
Author: Carissa Ann Lynch 
Expected Publication: February 5, 2021 
Publisher: Harper Collins UK, One more Chapter 
Genre: Horror/ Thriller 
Pages: 308 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Review: 
Four friends embark on what was supposed to be a girls vacation to take time away from everything and to focus on their art. Riley, Scarlett, Sammy, and Mia are in college together and after going viral for making a puzzle together combining their art they decide to take a break from it all and to take time to focus just on their art. So in the most opportune moment they are able to secure a great getaway for rent free but like most things they start off on a bumpy trail when Sammy's brother Rob and his girlfriend are brought along for the trip causing some animosity between a few of the girls.
Then, something happens to the boat which was their only way off the island. So when things get bad things start to get worse when people start dying. Now they have to figure out if one of them is the murderer or if there is someone else on the island. When the villain is revealed everything makes sense and usually I am able to put it together on whodunnit but this one was a bit of a surprise!
Now this story is told from different perspectives of the girls and I enjoyed getting into each one of their thoughts. Overall I enjoyed this book! The storyline and plot kept my interest and was a rather quick read once I started it!
This one is a great horror/thriller mix up with the young adult drama mixed in. I enjoyed it. The only thing I wish is there was more of a background of all four of the girls.  Thank you HarperCollins and Netgally for the opportunity to read this one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields