My Review of The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

Title:The Exorcist 
Author: William Peter Beatty
Published: June 1971
Published by: Harper Torch 
Genre: Horror 
Pages: 385 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 
Review:

We have all heard of the legendness of this book! One of the monumental horror books of the time, and one that has lasted up to todays standards even though it was written over 30 years ago. I have always wanted to pick up this book, but I never convinced myself to before now. I haven't watched the movie but I probably will now thanks to this book.
The Exorcist is about a girl named Regan. Regan spends quite a bit of time on her own even with her sitter because her mother, Chris, is a movie star and her father is in Europe. In this time that she is alone she discovers a Ouija board and starts to mess with it and comes into contact with something she thinks is a friend. However, she is so wrong. Regan starts to have things happen that cannot be explained, she starts doing stuff that cannot be explained so even after a full psych review the psychiatrist can come up with some answers but everything doesn't fit into place so Chris asks a priest that is a psychiatrist and he does his own investigation with his questionable faith.
Now, let's talk about the experience of this novel. With this novel being written in the 1970's I would have never thought that the book would have been so raw and vulgar. This book was and has been a milestone and I definitely can see why. I wouldn't consider it a drop down horrifying book because it didn't scare me like that but it definitely made me wonder about several things. I enjoyed the novel and will continue with the second part. Now, if you do not like vulgarity then this book is NOT for you. However, if you love horror books then this book is for you. One of the classics that has lived up to the hype for over 45 years I definitely recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields