My Review of That's Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger

Title: That's Not What Happened 
Author: Kody Keplinger 
Published: August 28, 2018
Published by: Scholastic Press 
Genre: Young Adult 
Pages: 336 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Review: 
This is very difficult book to rate.  I went in blind to what was going on in the book and while I am glad that I did the subject of the book is very heavy and can help people understand how traumatic events can impact people. 
Lee is carrying a weight that she wants to tell the truth, three years after a school shooting and she wants to tell the truth. The bad side of this is that the truth disrupts the whole vision that Sarah was a   a strong willed Christian that even facing death she didn't turn down her faith but, that wasn't what happened. During the story we follow Lee as she gets the lettets from all the different people who were the survivor's from the incident, and the reactions to how the people in the town act towards Lee after she spoke her truth. 
This is a book that I think would be better for older kids. I enjoyed it and its very thought provoking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields