My Review of The Women by Kristen Hannah

Title: The Women

Author: Kristen Hannah

Published: February 6,2024

Publisher: St. Martin’s Press

Genre: Historical Fiction

Pages: 471 pages

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review:

Wow! This is one powerful book! Frankie was always with her brother so, when her brother joined the military as a nurse she dreamed of going on that adventure with her brother. Unfortunately for her the day that she enlisted as a nurse, military men arrived at her house to tell her her brother died in action. Frankie struggles and learns how to be a better nurse and navigate life in the military as a nurse in combat. While Kristen Hannah has a nasty habit of keeping me up past my bedtime I was glad to do it today! It was sooo good and I loved how she covered many aspects of what the women in that period went through and how everything changed and what didn't change. 

I hated the way the women and men returning from the military were treated upon their return. This book sheds light on topics that aren't always covered and are not always known. It's a good story; definitely a five-star read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Death of Jane Lawrence by Caitlin Starling

My Review of Sex Cult Nun by Faith Jones