My Review of The Lady He Lost by Faye Delacour

Title: The Lady He Lost 

Author: Faye Delacour 

Expected Publication: April 2,2024 

Publisher: Dreamscape Media

Genre: Historical, Historical Romance, Romance 

Pages: 336 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

I completely adored this!  
Let's begin in the beginning Jane Bishop is an orphan, she's without a dowry and has already been through a couple of seasons without finding a match. She also is part of a two-woman partnership of a gambling club, she runs this club because she is trying to secure her financial future. 
However, all of this becomes a tumble when her long-lost love returns to town. 
Eli returns from the dead, well-pronounced dead years after being involved in a ship wreck. Now, Jane's cousin Cecily was engaged to Eli but when he was assumed dead she found another, even from the beginning Jane loved Eli. Since he was first engaged to Cecily, Jane tried to keep him at arm's length because Cecily and Jane have a very competitive streak between the two and Jane did not want to be seen as a second choice for Eli. Slowly, Eli tries to win back Jane's love and trust.  
I love that the whole book literally has me rooting for Jane. I just want her to win in the end!  Will Eli win Jane back and show her that he truly loves her? Read this AMAZING debut to find out! I am very excited for this author with this debut she is a very promising author and I look forward to reading more books by her in the future! I listened to the audiobook by Dreamscape Media and I loved that the audiobook was smooth and the narrator matched the book so well.  Thank you Netgalley and Dreamscape Media for the extraordinary opportunity to read and review this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields