My Review of The Last Word by Gerri Lewis

Title: The Last Word 

Author: Gerri Lewis 

Expected Publication: February 06, 2024

Publisher: Crooked Lane Books

Genre: Cozy Mystery, Mystery 

Pages: 304 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

This one was a good first installment of a series! I read a lot of cozy mysteries and this one was unique because the main character and sleuth is an obituary writer, which was pretty intriguing! 
Our story starts with Winter when an elderly woman calls her and requests Winter to write her obituary before Friday however, at the time of making this request the woman was very alive! So when Winter goes to Mrs. Arlington's estate she finds her at the bottom of the stairs. 
Winter is then in the middle of a murder investigation! 
Winter then starts investigating because she does not trust one of the cops, Tom, because he is intent on creating a case against her trying to prove she murdered Mrs. Arlington! So with the twist and the turns she slowly starts unraveling all the secrets that were meant to be hidden!
This series started off with a bang! I loved Winter's family and friends and the story was original and I loved that! I'm really excited and look forward to the next installment of this series! Thank you Crooked Lane Books and Netgalley for the extraordinary opportunity to read and review this one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields