My Review of Fairytale by Stephen King

Title: Fairytale 

Author: Stephen King 

Published: June 6, 2023 

Published by:  Scribner 

Genre: Fantasy/ Horror 

Pages: 624 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review: 

I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was! I loved all the references to the psycho house and cujo but this book was good! It kinda felt like reading a tale from Grimm Fairytale books I loved it definitely worth the read!
Charlie is like your average teen, he had a tough childhood with his mother passing away suddenly in an accident and his father was an alcoholic. He was walking down the road by the local "Psycho House" with the dog that was once described as "Cujo" when the dog, Radar, was barking trying to get his attention. That was the moment he met Mr. Bowditch and he called 911 for the man who fell off a ladder. While Mr. Bowditch was in the hospital Charlie took care of Radar and Mr. Bowditch's home and eventually became his caregiver when he came home. Then one day in class Mr. Bowditch called Charlie telling him where to find a lawyer, everything he needed was under the bed and that he was having a heart attack. Once again Charlie called 911 for Mr. Bowditch but this time he did not make it and everything was left to Charlie. However, cassette tapes left by Mr. Bowditch told him about a tunnel to another world in the storage shed and about a sundial that could save Radar. But first, he must go to this world and explore!
I adored this book so much! I loved the whole fairytale feeling of reading this book! It reminded me a lot of the Grimms Brothers Fairytales! I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a good fairytale book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields