My Review of Hammers and Homicide by Paula Charles

Title: Hammers and Homicide 

Author: Paula Charles 

Expected Publication: January 16, 2024

Publisher: Dreamscape Media 

Genre: Mystery, Cozy Mystery, Amateur Sleuth

Pages: 288 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

So anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for cozy mysteries! This one was perfect! I loved it!
This is a small-town cozy mystery where we start with Dawna who is in her sixties and 
the owner of a small-town local hardware store. She lost her husband and she misses him a lot but, she also talks out loud to him as well. One morning she is waiting for her employee to arrive at work, and while he is not normally running late she goes about normal business in the store when her daughter comes by and asks her to watch the store while she runs to the bathroom. However, she is surprised to see a man murdered in the bathroom that she shares with the next-door store. Shocked she has her daughter call the police and her employee finally arrives at work. 
The police make her close her store and the store next to her because it is now a crime scene. Dawna sets her mind to help solve the murder when her best friend's husband is the one that they arrest for the murder. Dawna along with her daughter started asking questions around town and learning many different things! Things start to get heated with threats and different twists and turns in the investigation and another murder happens at the hardware store! 
This is a cute debut small-town cozy mystery and it's really good! I loved it and finished it in the afternoon! I would like to extend my gratitude to Netgally and Dreamscape Media for the opportunity to listen to this one! The narrator was awesome and fit the story very well! I enjoyed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin