My Review on Cloistered by Catherine Coldstream

Title: Cloistered 

Author: Catherine Coldstream 

Expected Publication: March 12,2024 

Publisher: St. Martins Press 

Genre: Nonfiction Memior 

Pages: 352 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

I picked up this book because it sounded fascinating! Plus, this is a POV of a life I know nothing about, and it's a glimpse into that type of life choice.  While some parts of the book were dull and hard to keep focused on the book there were other aspects that I enjoyed. I love that the author was able to find herself and decide what she truly wanted in life and that is something that many of us do not achieve in this lifetime! 
One thing that bothered me is that Coldstream went with everything and did not question it. There was a lot of mental abuse and while this had an extreme eye-opening effect there should have been someone to speak up to stop the abuse. The ones that were supposed to serve as mentors so to speak were horrible to her, instead of showing love and compassion they ruled with an iron fist and thought that they were above everyone in the manner that Colstream was beneath her. I hated that aspect. I do not think all covenants are like this, it's the people involved that can make it or break it like many other aspects of our life. The experience Coldstream experienced was like nothing I would have thought it would be like.  If you are looking for a thought-provoking book about the experiences a nun might have then this should definitely be the next book you pick up! 
I was given the opportunity to read and review this book by St. Martin's Press and NetGalley and for that, I am extremely grateful for this eye-opening experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin