My Review of Tell Me What Really Happened by Chelsea Sedoti

Title: Tell Me What Really Happened 

Author: Chelsea Sedoti

Expected Publication: April 2,2023

Publisher: Sourcefire Books 

Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Young Adult 

Pages: 416 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

This was a good afternoon read for me! The formatting and the way the story was written was enticing! I loved how the characters were each telling different aspects of the story and you are piecing the puzzle of what really happened on this trip! 
Maylee and her four friends are on a camping trip and Maylee disappears. Her four friends suspect foul play right off the bat and when the police separate them and get them to each tell them what happened that night each has a different story. It seems like each of the characters has some form of motive for Maylee disappearing. It was really innovative the way the author wrote this story, each chapter was a question in the interrogation and included each of the character's answers to that question. That was really neat. The characters were dynamic including one character who was obsessed with the possibility of seeing Big Foot and another character having the control aspect. 
Now here comes what I did not like. I did not like that it seemed like the story lacked substance, like what adult mystery books contain and it seemed like it would be more enjoyed by young adults. I usually read both adult fiction and young adult fiction and this story just didn't do it for me in that aspect. However, it is intriguingly addictive towards the end and you are glued to your Kindle to find out what happened. The shocking twist at the end was kinda crazy! Innovative and different which is definitely a plus! I would definitively recommend it to more Young Adult readers but still a good story. Thank you Netgalley and Sourcebooks Fire for the opportunity to read and review this book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin