My Review of The Villa by Rachel Hawkins

Title: The Villa 

Author: Rachel Hawkins

Expected Publication: January 8,2022

Publisher: St. Martins Press

Genre: Mystery/ Thriller 

Pages: 288 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 


So I am not a new reader of Rachel Hawkins; this is probably my favorite one of hers yet! This was a unique approach of kept having two timelines for the villa in Italy timeline of the same villa in Italy. I love the dark history of the villa.
Emily struggles with writer's block while going through a messy divorce and recovering from her health scare. Her agent is hounding her for the next book in her cozy mystery series. While it seems her life is in a tail spinning, her best friend invites her to spend a month at an infamous Italian Villa.
Let's go back to the summer of 1974when a rockstar Noel Gordon invites Lara, her stepmother Mari and Mari's boyfriend Pierce to spend the summer at the same villa. Lara is hoping that she will be able to get closer to Noel. At the same time, Mari hopes her boyfriend's music career will take off with Noel. However, the summer of sex, drugs, and music will end in a murder.
Now I enjoyed the different twists and turns of the novel! One of the twists I could see coming, but the last chapter was AMAZING!!! I recommend this if you love a good suspenseful mystery!
I want to thank St. Martins Press and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this one!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin