My Review of Nine Liars by Maureen Johnson

Title: Nine Liars 

Author: Maureen Johnson 

Published: December 27,2022

Published by: Harper Collins Children’s Books

Genre: Young Adult/ Mystery 

Pages: 464 Pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

Wow! This one snuck up on me! I did not realize that this was a part of a series, but now I have a new series to start with in 2023! Stevie's boyfriend is studying abroad, and like most young adults, she misses him terribly. This leads up to her boyfriend suggesting she study abroad with her friends.
This suggestion does not strike me as abnormal because many dreams of visiting other countries. However, her school teacher is not at all convinced that this is something Stevie should be doing because it seems she finds trouble wherever she goes. However, she and her group of friends are allowed to go with conditions, and they agree! 
While in London, one of her boyfriend David's friends asks her for aid in a case involving her aunt. Nine people went to the countryside, and only some returned. In comparison, there are many different possibilities that this could have been a burglary gone wrong, or it could have been maybe the survivors know more than they are saying. I loved the characters! The characters are all well thought out, and the background stories of each of the characters are amazing! I loved Stevie and her curiosity! I enjoyed all the twists and turns of the story! While I have not read the other books in the series, and I soon will, this story was easy to follow without knowing the characters' backgrounds!  If you love an excellent cold-case mystery and the fun quirkiness of a good mystery, then this should be your next read! I loved that the story was a mystery and had some fun aspects! Thank you, Harper Collins Children's Books and Netgalley, for the extraordinary opportunity to read and review this one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields