My Review of The Prisoner by B. A. Paris

Title: The Prisoner 

Author: B.A. Paris 

Expected Publication: November 1,2022

Publisher: St. Martin’s Press

Genre: Thriller/Mystery 

Pages: 304 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review: 

This is one of those books that will keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the very end. I thought about midway through that I knew what was happening but, I wasn't even close! 
Amelie is a survivor. After her father passes away from cancer she is left with nothing, so she decides to move to London. Well after going to the different shelters and trying to find work she meets Carolyn. Carolyn was Amelie's godsend, she gave her a place to stay and a job. Eventually, Amelie could find other work and get her own apartment. Then she meets Ned at her new workplace. Ned is a complete tool, he takes Amelie to Las Vegas on a so-called business trip. He just convinces her to marry him and he will pay for the college fees and she agrees but has no idea what she is getting into. Then Amelie and Ned are both kidnapped. Alone in a completely dark room, Amelie sits on a dark mattress convinced she is going to die, although she is a survivor. 
This book will keep you up through the early hours of the morning and it is definitely worth the read! This is only the third book I've read by this author but it will not be the last! I loved it! I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat! Thank you Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for the extraordinary opportunity to read and review this one! It was a treat! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields