My Review of American Demon by Daniel Stashower

Title: American Demon 

Author: Daniel Stashower 

Published: September 6,2022

Publisher: Macmillan Audio 

Genre: Nonfiction/ True Crime 

Pages: 352 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review: 

While this book is definitely Nonfiction and true-crime this book definitely did not read like your average true-crime novel. This read like a thriller with me on the edge of my seat several times and for that, I have to say that this is my favorite Nonfiction read of the year! 
Elliot Ness was the leader of a group called "The Untouchables" and they won the fight against Al Capone, leading him to his prison sentence. Then, after that adventure, he took the job in Cleveland as the Safety Director for the city. Boy, oh boy did he make a splash there. He tried to clear out the corruption and find the serial killer that was dismembering his victims.  I really appreciate how Stashower wrote about Ness, he showed the man as a man with weaknesses and that he was not perfect. I appreciated that it showed that one person can make a difference. Terrific historical true crime, although the book touched on his Chicago career it did not go as in-depth about his career and the chase as it did on the Cleveland side. 
I really enjoyed this audiobook provided by Netgalley and Macmillan Audio, the narrarator was perfect for the book and still kept me on the edge of my seat! If you are a true crime lover then this is definitely the book for you and the audiobook was AMAZING! This should be your next read! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields