My Review of The Lady’s Guide to Death and Deception by Katherine Cowley

Title: The Lady’s Guide to Death and Deception 

Author: Katherine Cowley 

Expected Publication: September 6,2022 

Publisher: Dreamscape Media 

Genre: Historical Fiction and Mystery 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review: 

So I read this one as a standalone and commemorate this author, she took characters from a well-loved Pride and Prejudice and made them her own. That on its own was absolutely amazing! Then, her mystery and development of the characters are outstanding. I really enjoyed this book a lot! 
Mary is a spy working with Mr. Withrow and while they have worked together in the past this time is entirely different. Mary at first was in denial about her feelings toward Mr. Withrow, but soon she realized that she held a deep regard for him. However, while investigating murders and helping the Duke of Wellington her emotions and feelings have to be put on the back burner. 
I do have to say that this novel was the perfect mixture of romance, mystery, and dramatic events to keep the reader engaged along with on the edge of their seat!  The mystery had me on my toes until I was blindsided by the actual murderer and the reasoning behind the murders! Sooo good! I am definitely looking into the first novels in this series because I am hooked! 
I received the audiobook from Dreamscape Media and Netgalley and this definitely was a treat! The narrator was stunning and had the best pace and voice for the story! I definitely recommend this book and the audiobook! It doesn't matter which one you pick up you will not be disappointed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields