My Review of The Ghost That Haunt Me by Steve Ryan

Title: The Ghost That Haunt Me 

Author: Steve Ryan 

Expected Publication: September 13,2022

Publisher: Dundurn Press 

Genre: True Crime, Nonfiction, Memoir 

Pages: 264 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Review: 

Wow! Steve Ryan, a veteran homicide detective of the Toronto squad, talks about 6 murders. Now, these are the six murder investigations that have stayed with him throughout his whole career. 
I really enjoy true-crime books and the true-crime podcast so this was right up my alley! Steve talks about joining the police force. Steve does an amazing job of sharing the facts of the story and gives you a first-hand view of what happened, in these six different cases! However, if true crime is not your deal I wouldn't pick this book up because it can kind of be intense at times but boy oh boy was this book good! 
I really appreciated the way Steve talked about these cases and brought the victims to life, in a manner to make sure that the reader just does not see the murder they also see the victim and that the victim was an actual person. A person with dreams, a life, and a family. The writing is descriptive and haunting and these cases were very intense. If you enjoy true crime then this should be your next read! Thank you Netgalley and Dundurn Press for the exceptional opportunity to read and review this one! This is a book that the cases will stay with me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields