My Review of Wake The Bones by Elizabeth Kilcoyne

Title: Wake The Bones 

Author: Elizabeth Kilcoyne 

Published: July 12, 2022 

Published by: Wednesday Books

Genre: Horror, Young Adult, Fantasy 

Pages: 320 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

I really enjoy horror books so when this one became available to request I had to request it and I loved it completely!
 Laurel is known in her town as being the "Daughter of the Devil" and is returning to her hometown after basically finding out that college wasn't for her. Laurel is living and working on her family's farm, seems like your average girl but she has a very peculiar hobby. She enjoys working with bones and has the ability to read them and be able to see the death of the owners of the bones. But, one-day things changed and her bones walked away. With this, she started knowing that evil was at work on her land. 
While this definitely is a great book to get the whole creepy aspect and read in the dark the author tells this story with a passion and the writing portrays the passion very well! I think this author has a great perspective on grief and how it changes and the hopelessness of that grief.   I love how the author weaves the story with different POV's and how she puts the magic in the story so effortlessly! If you love a good paranormal mystery with a splash of horror then this should be your next read! Thank you Netgalley and Wednesday Books for the unprecedented opportunity to read this one! I will definitely be looking out for more books by this author! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin