My Review of The Darkest Web by Kristen Wright

Title: The Darkest Web 

Author: Kristen Wright 

Expected Publication: April 22, 2022

Publisher: Thomas & Mercer 

Genre: Mystery 

Pages: 320 pages 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Review: 

Jane Knudsen, a private, cold, and workaholic attorney, finds her boss shot in the office one morning. So of course, because she found the body she is suspect #1. So while she doesn't want the police digging into her past, she hires an old roommate Allison as her lawyer. Now, Allison does what Jane does not want to be done and she digs into Jane's past and now is left second-guessing herself and wondering how well does she really know Jane. Now, while I was on the edge of my seat for a good portion of this book. I enjoyed the writing and I really admire how the author is able to tackle challenging subjects very ingeniously. 
I enjoyed that as the reader we were knowing who was narrating the different chapters, sometimes authors will switch POVs, and it's confusing but this one was a great setup! This was also a new to me author, and definitely will not be the last that I read by this author! 
Now until I saw on Goodreads that this was the second book in the series I did not know that. This book works well as a standalone! 
If you are looking for a quick modern style mystery then this should be the book that you pick up! Great mystery and you're definitely on the edges of your toes for a while! Thank you Thomas & Mercer and Netgalley for the extraordinary opportunity to read this book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin