My Review of The Night Shift by Alex Finley

Title: The Night Shift 
Author: Alex Finley 
Expected Publication: March 1, 2022
Publisher: Minotaur Books
Genre: Mystery/ Thriller 
Pages: 368 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I loved Every Last Fear by this author, so when I saw he published another book I knew I had to read it. Then when the synopsis of the book had me hooked from the beginning because it reminded me of a true-crime mystery.
On New Year's Eve in 1999 Y2K is predicted to go haywire because it was predicted to be the new apocalypse. At a blockbuster in New Jersey, four teenage girls were attacked ending in 3 being dead and one surviving. While in this case the police quickly suspected one of the girl's boyfriends but, he just disappeared into the wind.
Now, 15 years later 4 more girls were attacked at an ice cream parlor, and once again there is only one survivor.
I loved that this book was told from three different perspectives: Ella (the lone survivor of the blockbuster murders), FBI Agent Keller, and Chris (the public defender). This gives you a better insight into their struggles and their wins of the cases and their own lives.
While these different people will work to find out if the cases are connected or who killed these girls! I absolutely loved this mystery and while I do not want to give anything away because the mystery is soo thrilling to follow! There are soo many twists and some of them will blindside you completely! If you enjoyed his book Every Last Fear then you will not be disappointed by this one! I am waiting for the next book because he is working his way up my favorite author's list! Thank you Minotaur Books and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book! If this sounds like something that would pique your interest the book will be out March 1, 2022! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin