My Review of The Sorority Murder by Allison Brennan

Title: The Sorority Murder 
Author: Allison Brennan 
Expected Publication: December 28, 2021
Publisher: Mira/ Harlequin Trade Publishing 
Genre: Mystery/Thriller/Suspense 
Pages: 448 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
So I am a huge true-crime podcast lover and these books that use a podcast as a way to work through the story and crime I am really enjoying!
Let's start at the beginning. A very popular Sorority girl is murdered. Candace was at a sorority house party and when she left that night she was never seen alive again. Two weeks after that night her body was found. That was three years ago, now her murder is a cold case.
Lucas is a forensics major and he is interning at the medical examiner's office. He is also obsessed with Candance's murder. While originally the suspect was a homeless drunk man he has not been seen since her murder, so that is kind of a dead-end there. While interning at the medical examiner's office Lucas finds some new information, however, when he goes to the police they really aren't interested in the information. Knowing that he has quite a bit of pieces of the puzzle Lucas decides to create a podcast that goes over the last hours of Candace's life. He soon pairs up with  Reagan and she was a US Marshal so she can share her expertise in this case. Now, his listeners start sharing information and this leads to another case as well. you
I loved this book! I was hooked by the first chapter. So, I was guessing and trying to work out who the villain was and I felt like I was going in circles over and over but it was soo good! If you love shows like law and order or are fans of Karen Slaughter then this should be your next read! It was soo good! I also really enjoyed the mystery and the suspense that was built up in the book until the very dramatic reveal!
Thank you Netgalley and Mira for the opportunity to read and review this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields