My Review of The Ickabog by J.K. Rowling

Title: The Ickabog 
Author: J.K. Rowling 
Published: November 10,2020
Published by: Little Brown Books
Genre: Fantasy/Children's/ Fairytale 
Pages: 290 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
I loved it! It was a cute fairytale type of book!
I've always been a fan of J.K. Rowling, this book is soo cute!  While this is supposed to be a children's book I definitely enjoyed it! This book is about Cornucopia a place in an abundance of gold and good food.  However, there have always been whispers of the Ickabog, a monster that lurks around and is often used as a cautionary tale to keep kids behaving. The whispers go from a monster that breathes fire to roaring in the mist sneaking its meals of stolen sheep and children.
Now,  when the King's best friends realize the power the tale has over the people they use it to their advantage after the King actually sees the Ickabog.  They use the power of the fear of the people to raise taxes and falsely the presence of the Ickabog to gain riches and to use their position to their own advantage. Daisy and her best friend Bert go embark on an adventure and work to save the whole kingdom from this power play! I'd definitely recommend this book, I enjoyed it immensely and my kids do too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields