My Review of The Chain by Adrian Mckinty


Title: The Chain 
Author: Adrian McKinty 
Published: July 9, 2019 
Published by: Mulholland Books
Genre: Mystery/Thriller/ Suspense 
Pages: 357.pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 

Wow! This book was intense!
Rachel dropped her daughter Kylie off at the bus stop for school and headed her on her way to start her day with her doctor's appointment. Everything seemed like a normal day until she received a phone call on her cell from an unknown caller. That moment is when her life changed forever!
The unknown caller tells Rachel that they have kidnapped her daughter and that she must continue on the chain or they will have to kill Kylie. Rachel must pay a ransom (that's the easy part) but she must also find another child to kidnap to continue the chain. Now, this chain is not something that they can easily get out of. The victims, the parents, must turn into criminals and kidnap someone else's child and with this the person running the chain is making a lot of money off of unsuspecting parents when their child is taken.
I will say that this book was very intense and at times definitely gave me anxiety with some of the situations that are in this story! But, I will say I was on the edge of my seat for most of this book! I enjoyed the book a lot and it was a very fast read the only reason that I took a star away was that there were a few times in the book that I was really questioning it and the ending didn't really match the story to me but it was still entertaining. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves fast-paced thrillers that have the power to keep you on the edge of your seat! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields