My Review of Survive the Night by Riley Sager

Title: Survive the Night 
Author: Riley Sager 
Published: June 29, 2021
Publisher: Dutton Books/ Book of The Month 
Genre: Mystery/ Thriller 
Pages: 324 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5 
Review: 
Ok, think about carrying the guilt of leaving your roommate/best friend at a bar when you wanted to go home only to find out she was murdered by a serial killer? That is exactly how Charlie felt, she wanted to go home and Maddy wanted to stay. Fed up with Maddy's antics Charlie went home never to see Maddy again.
So Charlie is on a road trip home from college she is ready to retreat back home to her grandmother and her movies and while this alone isn't a thriller in the making. Charlie uses a rideshare board to find the ride home, and she rides with a complete stranger! Now with this stranger, Charlie has a mental issue type of thing where she zones out and sees movies in her head, and when this happens her new rideshare kind of just goes along with it.
But, like most things not all is as it seems from the outside. The rideshare isn't a complete stranger like Charlie thought and everything is not as it seems!
Now, I will admit I am a HUGE Riley Sager Fan. But this one did not do it for me. The story had soo much potential and the twist was shocking and things like that but just the whole movie's mental aspect killed it for me. I do recommend it if you are looking for a fast thriller because it is worth the read but it's not a reread type of book. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields