My Review of Sleepless by Romy Hausmann

Title: Sleepless 
Author: Romy Hausmann 
Expected Publication: October 5, 2021 
Publisher: Flat Iron Books & Macmillian Audio 
Genre: Suspense/Thriller/Mystery 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 
Review: 
This is a difficult book for me to review. While I enjoyed the twist and the turns along the way if I had just listened to the audio I would not have been able to keep up. But this book definitely deserves a read or listen!
Let's start with one of the main characters Nadja.  When Nadja was 15 she was accused of killing her mother, while she doesn't believe it was her that it was one of her mother's "friends". However, this follows her all along with her life and haunts her even in her letters to her brother that she has not seen in over 20 years.
Now we have Laura, who is Nadja's friend and she's in trouble BIG trouble. She was having an affair with her husband's friend, but the main trouble is that she murdered her lover and she didn't know what to do with the body. Now, how the two mixes on this journey to get rid of the body by Laura shows up to the office Nadja is working at asking if Gero was back yet. Gero is Laura's husband, but he is also Nadja's employer. Remembering the kindness that Laura had given her when Nadja first started at Gero's firm, Nadja agrees to help her friend.
So while this story is unfolding in the chapters there is also the story about Paul who is having an ongoing affair with Nelly. That is until Nelly shows up at Paul's family home and when Paul tells Nelly to leave it's like a slap in the face for her. Nelly believed all of Paul's lies about leaving his family for her but then Nelly is found dead and Paul is the number one suspect.
So while all this is twisting and unfolding, the reader is also getting a glimpse into the past of Nadja and the story ones I figured out who was who is really amazing!
While I listened to the audiobook I used the book a bit when I was trying to figure out everything. Once I got everything figured out it was amazing, the audiobook was great and the narrator was amazing! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves twisting tales! Thank you Flat Iron Books, Netgalley, and Macmillian Audio for the opportunity to read and review this one! Look out for this story in October! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields