My Review of Pearl by Josh Malerman

Title: Pearl 
Author: Josh Malerman 
Expected Publication: October 12, 2021 
Publisher: Del Rey Books 
Genre: Horror
Pages: 304 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This guy is a legend, he takes the stories that we've grown up with like charlotte's web or babe, and puts a twisted version of it, and wow!  This is a one-of-a-kind novel, I think it's going to be either an absolute love it or hate it. I loved it!
So Pearl is a pig, but not just a regular pig this is a pig who has the power to do controlling things with his mind. Pearl has a way to make people sing for him so, that he can get the other pigs to kill them. While Pearl does not seem to have regard for the other pigs, it seems that he is just out for one thing. I will say that this pig was basically out for revenge, while he was spared when he was younger the farmer taught him and it seems like that inspired his thought process.
When I first started reading this book I was so excited to read something of Josh Malerman (he is absolutely one of my auto-buy authors) and this book did not disappoint! While I was sucked in I couldn't stop reading as the horror unfolded, while there are some pretty grotesque parts they aren't soo bad that you will have to stop reading! You know you want to pick it up and read this one! You know you want to sing for Pearl! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields