My Review of A Killer By Design by Ann Burgess

Title: A Killer By Design: Murder, Mindhunter, and My Quest to Decipher the Criminal Mind 
Author: Ann Burgess and Steve Constantine 
Expected Publication: December 7, 2021 
Publisher: Hachette Books
Genre: True Crime/ Non- Fiction 
Pages: 320 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
It's no secret that I love to read true crime. So when I saw this one I HAD to request it!
I really enjoyed this book, I actually really enjoyed the perspective of Ann. I enjoyed that she told the readers about her background before she even joined the FBI. While the book kind of reinforced things that I already knew reading some of the other books on profiling, it was still nice to get a full picture from a different perspective.
I do have to say that this book wouldn't be for the weak-hearted, she does go into some difficult cases. I do like how she focused on the victims to help with the profiling, she doesn't forget that they are people too. I also liked her perspective that we glorify serial killers and not really focus on the victims as a society.
I enjoyed how she mixed her psychological experience with the whole profile setting, it was also interesting to get the perspective from a woman's point of view. I knew who she was because of John Douglas's books but I liked how she kind of brought a fresh breath of air to the cases and the process.
This book is very eye-opening, chilling as she describes the process, and a must-read for any true crime fans! I will say this I have read John Douglas's books and this one was a different pace and very hard to put down.  If you love true crime or even the psychological aspects of profiling then this is definitely one that you should pick up ASAP! Thank you Netgalley and Hachette Books for the opportunity to read/review this one I thoroughly enjoyed it and will lookout for more books by this author! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin