My Review of False Witness by Karen Slaughter

Title: False Witness 
Author: Karen Slaughter 
Expected Publication: July 20, 2021 
Publisher: William Morrow, Blackstone Publishing 
Genre: Mystery/ Thriller 
Pages: 512 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 

This was the first of her books that I've ever read! I have some of her books on my shelves I just never really got to them but man oh man am I going to check them out now! This book was literally one that I just couldn't put down!
During the COVID-19 pandemic Leigh Collier
Leigh Collier is a defense attorney in Atlanta. She is a very successful lawyer, and life is as good as it can be expected. She is separated from her husband, Walter, and has a beautiful daughter Maddy. So one night, Leigh is at a school event for Maddy when her boss calls her and says that a high-profile client has requested her and that she needed to get to the office.
When Leigh gets to the office and meets her client, she realizes that there is definitely a reason why he requested her. He knows her and knows what she and her sister did 20 years ago, a devastating secret that she spent years trying to forget.
Not only does she have to defend her client against the rape allegations she also has to make sure that he does not lose his case or else he will release videos that will ruin her sister's life and will ruin her family's life as well.
Now her client Andrew is basically a sociopath and he is a rapist and murderer.
Callie is  Leigh's younger sister but she is also a druggie from the street. However, while Leigh is more trying to keep Andrew happy and keep him from releasing the videos. Callie is messing around with Andrew's new wife giving her drugs and things like that until his wife starts playing the videos. Things keep getting twisted more and more but, the twist keeps coming until the very end!
Wow! I loved this book! This thriller is definitely a page-turner, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. This was such a great book! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a great thriller! Thank you, NetGalley, William Morrow Books, and Blackstone Publishing for the opportunity to read and review this one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin