My Review of Bury the Lead by Mischa Thrace

Title: Bury the Lead 
Author: Mischa Thrace 
Published: June 10,2021
Published by: BHC Press 
Genre: Young Adult/ Mystery 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Pages: 228 pages 
Review: 
I enjoyed this tremendously!
So growing up my grandfather would share a Sherlock Holmes radio show as well as read me snippets about it so I am now a Sherlock Holmes fan so this was right up my alley!
Now that the main character is obsessed with Sherlock Holmes that was like icing on the cake for me lol. The story follows Kennedy who is an ace detective and she is using the Sherlocks techniques to try and solve a trend of teens that were dead and missing dating back to her high school. Other than some of the characters could have been more brought out like explained more of a background and such I think the author did a spectacular job with this story! It was well written and while I dont think Kennedy is on par with Sherlock she knew how to get the information that she needed. Although Kennedy was the narrator and main character I seriously loved Ravi! Kennedy's inner monologue about Ravi was kinda weird like she was trying to convince herself she didn't like him more lol but overall I think that this book was pretty good. Mysteries can be a hit or a miss and this one was more on the hit side! I enjoyed it a lot! Now if you are a diehard Sherlock fan then this probably isn't for you but if you do love a good mystery then this one should be your next read! I am excited to see what the author will come up with next! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of Daughter By Kate McLaughlin