My Review of Dark Roads by Chevy Stevens

Title: Dark Roads 
Author: Chevy Steven's 
Expected Publication: August 3, 2021 
Publisher: St. Martins Press 
Genre: Mystery/Thriller 
Pages: 384 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This is a first for me by this author.
This story is dark, depressing, disturbing and of course a page turner!
Cold Creek Highway seems kinda like the urban legend type of story. Hitchhiking or being alone in the dark along the highway attracts the attention of the serial killer that preys on girls.
So many of the girls that have disappeared along this highway are long forgotten!
Now, this story is told immaculately by two different POV.
We have Beth who comes into town to find out exactly what happened to her sister Amber who was killed on this stretch of highway a year earlier and then we have Hailey who basically escaped the wilderness around the town after finding out her uncle was definitely NOT who she thought that he was!
These girls are tough and very resourceful throughout the whole story! I enjoyed getting to see what they would do next. I enjoyed that some aspects of the story were realistic and raw, like it seemed totally believable that it could actually happen. The villain was someone who I kinda had a feeling about but it was still a mic drop moment!
So, that being said I do not want to reveal too much of the story however, if you enjoy books that will keep you guessing and that will keep your mind turning even after you put the book down then this is the book for you! I am definitely going to check out her other book because this one was AMAZING!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields