My Review or When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole

Title: When No One is Watching 
Author: Alyssa Cole 
Published: September 1, 2020
Published by: William Morrow Books 
Genre: Thriller/ Mystery 
Pages: 352 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Sydney is from Brooklyn and she still lives in the house that she grew up in. But after her marriage failed she moved back home with her mother and the beloved neighborhood that she loved soo much is changing daily and all her neighbors and friends are slowly disappearing one by one.
What does Sydney need to do to move with the changes in her neighborhood or fight the changes and see what happens when she goes against the grain and fights the big corporations over her neighborhood.
I have to say I don't think that I have read a book quite like this one and while the major theme of the book is gentrification, this story definitely does push your gears to grind for the people in what happens when gentrification does happen. What happens to the people? What if the people didn't want to leave?
I was hooked from the beginning and then when the twist started to happen it's crazy and definitely makes you think. I started thinking in the beginning to near the middle if it was actually categorized wrong because there were no twists or turns just yet. But, man once that first twist started happening it was a flow of twist and the ending was something I never saw coming! I would recommend it if you like twisty thrillers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields