My Review of Such a Quiet Place by Megan Miranda

Title: Such a Quiet Place 
Author: Megan Miranda 
Expected Publication: July 13, 2021 
Publisher: Simon Schuster
Genre: Thriller/ Mystery 
Pages: 352 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: Hollow's Edge used to be the neighborhood everyone envied. There was a pool, a mixture of neighbors in various life stages and of course they had a chat to watch everyone's back and of course it was a quiet place. That was until two of the residents were murdered and one of the neighbors was charged with the murder, and then the people in the neighborhood were stuck there because of what happened they couldnt sell thier houses and move away. When Ruby's conviction was overturned she returned back to the house she used to share with Harper. Harper is stuck in between a tough spot where she can't turn her friend away because she has nowhere to go but she has to wonder why did Ruby return to the scene of the crime. But as time progresses and Harper starts receiving threatening notes it appears that not everyone has told the truth about the murders and now Harper has to figure out who the real murderer really is before another murder happens!
Okay so I've read a few by Megan Miranda and while this one was a bit more of a slow building burn I really enjoyed it. I could really feel for Harper because she is literally stuck in between a rock and a hard spot and then you have Ruby who is very manipulative but she is determined to be out and about to show she is still there even after several of the neighbors testified against her. I loved that this wasn't your typical whodunit type of book because the reader is pointed in several different directions so the reveal was not who I thought it was! I definitely enjoyed this novel and I am looking forward to more books by this author. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields