My review of Sparks like Stars by Nadia Hashimi

Title: Sparks like Stars 
Author: Nadia Hashimi 
Expected Publication: March 2,2021
Publisher: William Morrow/HarperCollins and Harper Audio 
Genre: Historical Fiction 
Pages: 464 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 
Review: 
No matter how I review this book I don't think that I will ever do it justice! This is the best book of the year soo far! I loved everything about this book! The realness, the love, the history, the culture and even the passion!
Sitara is a daughter of a prominent family, her father is the right hand man of Sardar Daoud the progressive president of Afghanistan. Then one night everything changed.
The communist plan an attack, a coup, assassinating the president and all of Sitara's family. She is the sole survivor and the only reason that she survived was because a guard named Shair smuggled her out. Eventually he was able to get her to the American Ambassador to help smuggle her out of the country using her deceased sister's identity.
Fast forward to 2008 forty years after that fatal night Shair ends up being one of Sitara's patients and seeing him brings up all the anger, resentment and emotions from that night. She wonders if Shair was at fault for her family's deaths and she is dealing with her now boyfriend Adam whom she has kept out of all her past. She is working on dealing with her emotions, and how she feels with Shair coming back into her life. Then she decides to go back to Afghanistan  after all this time to find the answers she needs and to find out exactly what happened that night when the coup happened.
I loved this story, all of the raw emotions I was crying by the end of it. Sitara is so brave, and smart and she is trying her best to survive and she does but the hardships and the loss that she faces is very great she still survives and does what she needs to. This is the best book that I have read this year and I recommend it to anyone. It's a journey and it's a story that will reach into your heart and drag you along with the tale! I read it and then listened to the audiobook. It's soo amazing! Thank you Netgally, HarperCollins Publishers and Harper Audio. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields