My Review of Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman

Title: Something in the Water 
Author: Catherine Steadman 
Published: June 5,2018
Published by: Ballantine 
Genre: Thriller/ Mystery 
Pages: 342 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5/5 
Review: 

Erin is a filmmaker, she is making a documentary about prison inmates when they are released. Mark is an investment banker with big plans for his future. They are passionately in love and are planning a wedding when the worst type of news hits them. Mark was let go at his work, so trying to fit into a budget the dream wedding and the dream honeymoon was not easy and did create tension between the two. But on their dream tropical vacation they are diving and they find a bag, a bag full of money and diamonds that can absolutely change their life for the better. They ultimately decide to keep the bag and they are in over their heads while trying to move forward and by keeping their eyes over their shoulders looking out for whom they stole from.
Okay, I really wanted to love this book. The beginning had so much promise and foundations, and I thought it was going to be a great thriller but, towards the end and the ending lacked so much!
When I first started reading it, I was hooked and the addiction was real. I even stayed up half the night leaving only 60 pages for this morning. I devoured it completely but it's like the last 100 pages did not live up to the beginning, the story just started lacking and then the ending I hated it. I really didn't feel as if there was closure, it's like it ended midpoint. Maybe my expectations were too high because I saw a lot of hype over this novel but, if you do not normally read a lot of thrillers then this one might be for you. I just felt kinda Meh about it at the end, the twist really didn't surprise me that much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields