My Review of Last Call by Elon Green

Title: Last Call 
Author: Elon Green 
Expected Publication: March 9, 2021 
Publisher: Celadon Books 
Genre: True Crime 
Pages: 272 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
This is a very eye opening true crime, and it amazed me in a lot of ways and most of them are not soo good! I was born in the 1980's soo by the time I realized there was the LGBTQ community I think people were more accepting and  just took people for how they were. However in the 80's and 90's that was very much not the case. There were a lot of laws against being in LGBTQ community and a lot of resentment, hate and anger towards the community. I was completely and utterly shocked that "gay panic" was an actual excuse to hurt someone and get away with it.
Green starts off this true crime with the discovery of a body, a body that was dismembered in a horrible fashion. Once the police start to trace the body of Peter and this starts the trail back to a bar where he was the last night of his life. Then another body is found and they start to connect the dots.
This killer The Last Call killer targeted gay men and killed them, but back then the killer was not really hunted for like he should have been because of the animosity of the community against the gays.
I loved how at the end all the conclusions of how the police finally came to the conclusion of who was the murderer.
I loved how blunt the author was on the way the LGBTQ community was treated especially with all the misconceptions of AIDS, but this book is definitely an eye opener and I really enjoyed it! Definitely a good read for anyone who enjoys true crime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields