My Review of The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah

Title: The Great Alone 
Author: Kristen Hannah 
Published: February 6, 2018 
Published by: St. Martin's Press 
Genre: Historical Fiction 
Pages: 435 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Wow! I loved it! Great story! If you are looking for a story that will shatter your heart and make you so angry that you want to literally throw your book across the room then look no further!
There are literally no words that I can write to justify this story. It's heartbreaking, the love, the adventure and then the sorrow that follows this story is crazy!
In 1974 Leni, then 13 years old, and her family moved to Alaska, her father had inherited a cabin and some land so they decided to move there and make a new start! The thing about her father is I absolutely loathe him completely! The father Ernt, was a Vietnam POW, has PTSD but back then they didn't know what it was and so therefore they really couldn't treat it. So, her fathers paranoia and then his anger fueled her fear of him and then also the fear that she had that he would actually kill her mother in once of his rages. Leni grows up in Alaska while making a friend, she also meets the love of her life. Matthew. As the story goes on her living situation becomes more and more scarier as her fathers paranoia and anger get the best of him. I don't want to get too much further in for fear of spoilers but this book was amazing, there was no way that I could have put it down while I was reading it! I loved it and there were times when I literally wanted to throw my book across the room because I was soo angered at Ernt. This book should have a Domestic Violence trigger, as there was a lot of that. I recommend this book to anyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields