My Review of All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

Title: All the Ugly and Wonderful Things 
Author: Bryn Greenwood 
Published: August 9,2016
Published by: Thomas Dunne Books 
Genre: Fiction/ Contemporary 
Pages: 346 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5/5 
Review: 
I am not 100% sure how I feel about this novel. This book did bring up a lot of emotions, some good and some bad.
Let's talk about the beginning when Wavy is with the aunt and grandmother. They both had a hard time seeing life from her perspective. Wavy is the daughter of a meth dealer and a junkie. Wavy sees life from a different perspective and her behaviors and things are caused by neglect and abuse. But, when Wavy is in a field and she sees the wreck of a motorcycle and that's how their relationship begins. When the relationship between Kellen and Wavy begins it's more like an older brother type of relationship. He makes sure she has good shoes and takes her to school and such. But, as time progressed it ended up being a more of a romantic in nature type of relationship. This book is full of difficult or touchy subject manners. I liked some of the elements of the story but some of the story was disturbing and creepy. This is not a book that I will forget easily because Wavy is brave and resilient to everything, she keeps getting knocked down but yet she still gets right back up and is ready to try again. She is very determined, and for that aspect I completely adored her for that. This book does make you feel conflicted in your thoughts and beliefs, but it is very addicting and something that is not easily put down. I rated 3.5 stars because I am so conflicted with the book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields