My Review of The Survivors by Jane Harper

Title: The Survivors 
Author: Jane Harper 
Published: September 22, 2020
Publisher: MacMillan Audio 
Genre: Mystery 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Review: 

Talk about deep secrets coming to light, what is done in the dark will always come into the light eventually!
Kieran came home to help his mother with his father, although he has not returned as much as he would have liked but back home was full of memories and guilt. When Kieran was younger he was checking out the caves when the storm and the tide happened sooner than what he thought, and thus he almost drowned but when this happened his brother came to help but his brother died in this incident so Kieran has carried this guilt of the accident with him. When Kieran and his girlfriend come home to help shortly afterwards a woman is found dead and with this as they are searching for her killer, secrets are being brought to light. Secrets of what happened to a young girl that had disappeared the same day that Kieran's brother's accident happened.
I did get the audiobook for this story, I think the narrator was great but at times he was very monotone. But, I was able to enjoy the audiobook and the story!
I enjoyed this story, the mystery was a slow burn. I didn't see the ending coming because there really weren't any clues dropped but when the story came to a conclusion it was illuminating! I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves the slow burn of the mystery! Thank you Netgally and Macmillan Audio for the opportunity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields