My Review of The Night Swim by Megan Goldin

Title: The Night Swim 
Author: Megan Goldin 
Published: August 4, 2020
Published by: St. Martin's Press
Genre: Thriller/Mystery 
Pages: 352 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Review: 
Wow! I was absolutely hooked from the beginning, to the point to where I was so captivated by the entangling stories that I had to finish it! It was definitely a one afternoon read type of book!
So, this book is written in different formats: the podcast, the letters and the narrative. I loved the mixture and it was captivating for the reader!
Rachel is trying to make her true crime podcast the next sensation. In the past she covered a case that had already freed a man that was wrongly convicted. Giving her a reputation of being a truth seeker! So, now she is covering a case that is going through the courts. A high profile rape case. Then 25 years ago a girl was drowned, or at least that's what was deemed during that time. Things are not always as they seem.
Hannah, the sister of the 16 year old girl that drowned, is now writing Rachel letters she is finally ready to speak out about what happened that day and the previous weeks before she says that Rachel was murdered. While Rachel is trying to find out what happened 25 years ago it seems like the people of the community just want to leave it as it is, they don't want her to ask questions or to seek what happened. However, slowly she started to see what really happened all those years ago with a little help from different people while covering the high profile rape case in her podcast!
This is the first book that I have read by this author and will definitely not be the last! I loved it! I definitely recommend it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields