My Review of Diahbal: A Novel by Kathleen Kaufman

Title: Diabhal 
Author: Kathleen Kaufman 
Published: October 29, 2019
Publisher: Turner
Genre: Horror
Pages: 312 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 
Review: 
Oh man. This story wasn't what I expected but it surpassed any expectations that I had. With a cover like this I thought that it was going to be something terrifying, nightmare worthy. However, this story follows a young girl, Ceit, that is sooo much more than what meets the eye. In the beginning there is an incident, an incident where Ceit along with her grandmother, her great grandmother and other members of what can only be called a cult try to exercise Ceit's mother. What started out as something they thought that they could handle something terrible happened. After that "incident" Ceit and her brother were placed into foster care while the police investigated the "incident". While everyone but Ceit can see what she is and different cults try to get her to join their cult. This book goes between reports, transcripts with different psychologists, and different perspectives.
This is a book I devoured in one afternoon, it's not scary or a thriller but it does capture your attention and keeps it by keeping the reader guessing to how her powers develop and what she does next. If you liked Carrie or books like that then this would be one right up your lane. I definitely recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields