My Review of Burying the Dead by Lorraine Evans

Title: Burying the Dead: An Archaeological History of Burial Grounds,  Graveyards and Cemeteries. 
Author: Lorraine Evans
Expected Publication: January 30, 2021
Publisher: Pen and Sword History 
Genre: Non-fiction 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Review: 
So when it comes down to burying the dead no one really thinks about the process or the ritual that the whole aspect of burying the dead had to go through. I loved all the information that this book contained! This book is really researched to a "T". The author researched many different perspectives and knew her history!  I loved that she went through so many different types of burials to some that I knew of like the ship burials and then the sky burials that I literally had no inkling about it.
I also loved how she pointed out cultural aspects and religious aspects to the type of burials that occured. I loved that the author went for it, that she covered a lot of information and the book was not too lengthy. I gained a lot of insight and really enjoyed the book. I definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting insight into the history and practices of burying the dead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields