My Review of The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Title: The Nightingale 
Author: Kristin Hannah 
Published: February 3,2015
Published by: St. Martin's Press
Pages: 440 pages 
Genre: Historical Fiction 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 
Review: 

There are some stories that carry us further than we had originally planned. This is one of those stories. Just a warning this book will bring out the laughs, awe moments, strength, love, anger and definitely the tears.
The story follows two sisters during WW2 Isabelle and Vianne. Vianne is the older sister who is married and who has a daughter. They both follow different paths within the war, Vianne does what she can to survive to protect her daughter because her husband is off in the war as a war prisoner. She overcomes a lot of obstacles, she puts up with a lot and she keeps her head down for a good part of the novel. Isabelle is bravier and she has a lot less to lose. She delivers papers, notes and even goes on to complete missions to help the british soldiers that have fallen from the sky.
Then the novel jumps between the past and 1995 where an elderly lady is selling her home and moving into a living facility because she has cancer and she is moving to be closer to her son Julian and her granddaughters. Then she is invited to a reunion party like thing in France, and she can't get her mind off of that.
Many people recommended this book to me, I kept hearing about it, and I never thought that it would live up to the hype. But, this book surpassed my expectations and thoughts. I absolutely loved it! Just a warning though, if you pursue this book you will catch feelings while reading and more than likely there will be tears shed! I can't recommend this book enough! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields