My Review of Malorie by Josh Malerman

Title: Malorie 
Author: Josh McLennan 
Published: July 21, 2020
Published by: Del Rey Books 
Pages: 320 pages 
Genre: Horror 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Review: 
I'll round it up to a 5 STAR read for me! I really enjoyed BirdBox so when I heard that there was a sequel to that book I knew I had to read it! Once I picked it up there was no setting it down, I was hooked and I finished in less than a day! It was absolutely amazing!  The book starts off where we left them at the school for the blind but then time jumps to where the kids are now teenagers! They are still living with the blindfolds, and trying their best to survive and not look at the beast. That is until one day a census worker came by and left some literature for the family. When they were looking at the listed survivors and the train that ran to get to the survivors they found Malorie's parents' names on the list. So, after her inner turmoil Malorie decides to take that risk that journey to see if she can find her parents. They take their time and even as they are walking Tom is showing more of a defiance, rebellious side like he wants more, the literature has kind of gotten to his head a bit and he knows he wants more. I don't want to give too much away but there is definitely the horror from the previous book as well as new risk and challenges and not to mention there are secrets to be shared that blindside the reader completely. There has to be a next installment, this series is just soooo freaking good! I definitely recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields