My Review of Malice by Heather Walter

Title: Malice 
Author: Heather Walter 
Published Expected: April 13, 2021 
Published by: Random House 
Genre: Fantasy/Retellings 
Pages: 496 pages 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 
Review : 
OMG this is going to be my next obsession! I enjoy fairytale retellings and all the possibilities and this one definitely blew my mind! I loved it soo much! While the beginning was a little slow, but the beginning definitely lays down everything that you need to know! The second half of this book is amazing, sitting on the edge of your seat good!
I was expecting something more villianish, something with more of an evil vibe but that's not how this story was going. Alyce is treated like a doormat from so many people, her customers and the others with powers because her powers have more of a sinnister application. While most of those who have powers are making beauty elixirs and things among that nature Alyce helps even the playing field with a "cat" who is getting too much attention her elixir will give that "cat" warts.
The romance was somthing that I didn't see coming. I would definitely ship Alyce and Aurora anyday, they do have their differences but I think it could be promising.One thing I loved about this retelling is that none of the characters are either all good or all evil, most stayed on that middle ground gray area like everyone else! The ending is something that I loathe lol cliffhangers but I do look forward to reading this one again!
This book would be perfect for anyone who loves the darker fantasy, fairytale retellings or even passionate novels! I definitely recommend it and I can't wait for the next installment!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields