My Review on City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert


Title: City of Girls 
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert 
Publishing Date: June 4, 2019
Published by: Riverhead Books
Genre: Historical Fiction 

This story is told in a letter format to a younger woman and she looks back on her youth, covering hot topics of promiscuity, sexuality, and even just trying to find one's place in the world.. 
In 1940 Vivian is 19 years old and she has just been kicked out of college her parents are at a loss of what to do with her so, they send her to go stay with her Aunt Peg in New York! Vivian is exposed to a wide variety of characters and while she seems to have found her groove with friends and a place a scandal will be the undoing of her. So, with much remorse and regret she must take a step back to find her happy place once again. 
This is a very different kind of book, I've always heard of the great and wonderful things about this book. Well, I don't know how I feel about it. I enjoyed it and there are times that keep you on the edge of your seat and other times when you're wondering whats going to happen next. Vivian is writing a letter to Angela(we will find out who she is like on the last 100 pages or so) about her life in her twenties and the mistakes she made and how she lived her life. The story was catchy, I followed the story along pretty well and everything . Vivian seemed like a sweet lady but, there were parts in the book where she's very unaware of everything that is around her in a sense. 
Its an interesting experience to say the least, and I've never read one quite like it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields