My Review on Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Title: Angels & Demons 
Author: Dan Brown 
Published: This Edition May 23, 2006  originally in 2000 
Published by: Washington Square Press 
Pages: 496
Genre: Fiction/mystery/thriller 
Review: 
Our protagonist is woken up by a phone call in the middle of the night, not believing anything he is hearing on the other line Robert hangs up only to receive a fax that will set things in motion. Robert is swept away to Switzerland to try to decipher the meaning of a branding found on a murdered scientist/priest. From there he is swept along with the murdered priest/scientist's daughter to the Vatican because of a stolen item that could be used for mass destruction. Using his knowledge of history, symbolism, theology and science to attempt to help the Vatican find the missing Cardinals and the weapon of mass destruction.
This is the first book I have ever read by Dan Brown and it will definitely not be the last! I was left completely stunned by this book and I couldn't put it down at all! I thoroughly loved it so much that I devoured it in less than one day. The way the author intertwined history, art, science and the Vatican along his plot line was done so well I am still in awe! Hats off to you Mr. Brown. This thriller is definitely one of its kind. I can't wait until I can get a hold of the other books. The real thrilling side is how well Mr. Brown depicted the ongoing battle between the science aspects and the Catholic Church, this is perhaps the best book I've read with the ongoing battle where the book is not trying to force either side of the battle on the reader but the lengths that either side will go to show the other one off! I cannot praise this book enough! I also am in awe of how much history Mr' Brown had to study and research to be able to pull off this phenomenal novel! I can't wait to read the next one in the series! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields