My Review of Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid

Title: Such a Fun Age 
Author: Kiley Reid
Published: December 31, 2019
Published by: G.P. Putnam's Sons 
Pages: 310 
Genre: Fiction/Contemporary 

Review: 
When a inappropriate statement is made by Peter on his news segment, a crisis comes around when kids throw a rock or egg at the house breaking a window. When this happens the couple need to phone the police but, instead of having their daughter there they call their babysitter Emira to come and take their daughter out for a bit while the police are at the house. When Emira and Briar(the toddler) take a trip to the local grocery store turns ugly when Emira is accused of kidnapping Briar in the middle of the grocery store. One patron of the store recorded the whole incident on his phone, and emailed Emira the whole video. Then, the patron whose name was Kelly said he deleted the whole incident video from his phone and that whatever was going to happen with the video was up to Emira. This is just the beginning. Alix(Emira's employer) is a blogger and a woman in control or tries to have control  over every aspect of her life. This whole book is a tug and pull between Alix and Emira.
Let me just say I really enjoyed this book so much I couldn't put it down! Alix was my least favorite character, she was really a controlling and scheming individual. So she didn't like that Emira was dating Kelly, and that was fine. Employers are not always going to see eye to eye with their employees, that's a given but when she tries to take everything into her own hands and make decisions that affect Emira just because she is selfish and wants to make the whole aspect a publicity stunt for  herself and her brand that was absolutely terrible. I hated that aspect. I loved the bond Emira and Briar had, they complimented each other a lot. I took a star off for the ending kind of left me with more questions than answers. Did Alix step up and become a better mother? I loved the book and I definitely recommend it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Review of Hie Secret Starlight Baby by Michelle Major

My Review of The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

My Review of The Shadow Man by Helen Fields